Sunday, March 20, 2011

REFLECTIONS

My newest nephew, Elias Temple Knight Leonard, was dedicated to the Lord last Sunday. Apart from a very nice service, I was reminded of twenty years ago when I first dedicated my children to the Lord. Unlike my nephew, who's whole family on both of the parents side were present, it was myself and my children at the alter. I still remember the promise that was made to the Lord that day. Not word for word of course, but I remember.Twenty years later I am still bound to that promise. I am reminded when the kids skip washing our dishes to go to youth group and I am unable to ground them. It's fun to laugh about it and watch them grow into adulthood somewhat gracefully and responsibly. I use those words loosely since I'm talking about teenagers here. We all have busy lives in this home and at least they are using their social time constructively.

Apart from a busy month without much time to rest, I am thankful for these little reminders and the impact they have on my life. There has been little time for writing and blogging. So much gathering of information and sorting. My oldest son will be home on the 30th of this month for a short time before getting shipped to Japan.  There was the unexpected trip to Kentucky yesterday to pick up our grandmother. Everything went smoothly and we were able to take lots of pictures.

I must depart here soon but I want you to keep in mind the promises you've made over the years. Reflect on how well you have kept them and decide if they have had a positive or negative impact in your life. Ask yourself if you have done well or do some adjustments need to be made and have a great month.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment