Monday, October 3, 2011

Today's Testimony

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

     I never know what God had in store for me. From week to week and day to day it varies. I anticipate the challenges that are given as though it's a special and important gift as well as a new lesson for my faith and understanding to grow. It amazes me even now the magnificent experiences that are presented before my eyes. Most of the time I am a silent spectator who is given the opportunity to witness his grace and mercy through other peoples trials.Sometimes I am fortunate enough to help and even share my faith.
     The Lord has indeed blessed me immensely and despite the pain there is peace and joy. All is well with my soul so I neglect to as for help most of the time. Perhaps it would make more sense to say that everyone else's troubles and prayer request I put before my own. I try not to be a selfish individual and know that there will come a day where I not only will suffer no more but I also know I will be limber enough to dance a country or Irish jig.
     Still, the Lord knows the desires and needs of our heart and tonight he stopped by my place of employment to remind me that I'm just as important as the rest of his children. With a warm and friendly smile, He sent one of his many servants to pray for the pain that I constantly endure. I know my christian brother had doubts that it worked. I still can't help but laugh when he told me not to  lie to him to make him feel better about it. The pain hasn't left entirely either but that is not the important issue.
     His act of faith, the suggestion of prayer for me, and him placing his hand on my back alleviated the pain even before the first word was spoken. So I say thank you Lord for sending the energy that was needed to help me finish a long day of work. Thank you for sending your servant so that I could have someone to fellowship with this week. Also, thank you for providing me with another inspiring story of faith and let thy will (not my will) be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment