Thursday, June 16, 2011

TWILIGHT'S STROLL IN THE PARK

     The hunger kept calling me and tonight I've given in. It's not a hunger that you would understand. My cravings are nothing closely related to filling my stomach or the desires of flesh. It's calling reached me tonight and I gave in. The stuffiness of our house would no longer shelter me so with a bubble wand in hand I walked out back. The smell of a thousand freshly cut lawns engulfed my insignificant nostrils and I danced to it. Spinning round and round the bubbles circled me. Through the trees they flew and I watched marveling at the shear simplicity of the most wonderful things. They flew over green bean sprouts and kissed an infant tomato growing on it's vine. They circled the rosemary and tickled the cheeks of my garden gnome. Then he was there. Without a moments hesitation I grabbed his hand and told him to walk with me. No resistance was offered. There was only his smile and proclamation that a walking hat would be required.
     I swear the stars smiled on us as we made our way to the park. We passed my favorite flower patch right under a corner street lamp. The insects hovered above in a hopelessly endless flight around an imitation sun.  It's beams hopelessly drawing them in. I think how sad it must be to be lost in that hypnotic gase but then again, I am hopelessly lost in the moment. The fireflies are out in thick patches tonight. They illuminate the night and make it feel like we have walked into a cave of sparkling stones.
      At last our destination has been reached. I can already hear the steady flow from a stream hidden  by the darkness and knee high grass. My feet are wet as those open toed sandals of mine soak up what I understand as evening dew. I know not if it is really possible but this is how it feels. Reaching the small rickety bridge it is time to go back. Hand in hand he helps me up the hill and makes sure I don't trip.I think I shall have to do this a little more often and not just on a night like tonight. I want to make the journey when the leaves are orange and the wind wails with an endless rage. The trip would also be stunning on the first evening snowfall. I can't wait to make the journey again. It doesn't matter if I am with him or by myself, I will go. Still it would be nicer if he was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment