Saturday, September 4, 2010

Such A Beautiful Day

It is not often that I get a Saturday off. It is a mirical that Kirk and I get to have a Saturday off together without requesting it. We decided to spend the morning together at the Upland town rummage. The morning started off cool but as we wandered around town it gradualy got warmer. The local V.P.'s bathroom had a good 15 minute wait. Good thing I didn't have to go. Since I have a house full of things I need to get rid of, I was mostly looking. There was a lot going on though. One of the churchs there had been selling home made muffins and hotdogs. There seems to be a lot of hunters in Upland since several of the rummages had fishing and hunting equiptment for sale. I wish I could hunt.
I was able to chat with a local poetry author trying to sell his book. He was a nice older man and I intended to head back later to get a signed copy. The lack of public restrooms and Kirks empty stomach prevented us from returning so I hope I run into him later. My biggest regret was forgetting to get his name.
Our last stop before leaving was the thrift store and that is where we found our treasures. My favorate was a 2 dollar Tiki statue made of volcanic rock. I doubt that it is an origional but it was cool enough to purchase. There are a lot of unique items there and they are only open on saturdays. If you get the extra time try and visit this thrift store.
The main reason for this blog is that I was thinking how strange it is that writting idea's can just pop up out of thin air. My little statue has inspired me on yet another story. This will make project number 3 and I'm confused on wich one I want to work on first. I want to work on them all so I at least have to make a note for each idea. I wish I had unlimited time to write. But them again, if that was the case I wouldn't have any idea's for stories. Still, I would like to have one of the projects close to completion by the end of the year. Have a good evening because it's time for me to get buisy once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment