Thursday, August 18, 2011

Behind the Scenes at the Barrel

     Finally I get the chance to sit down for a bit. It's been a busier then normal night at work. The summer is almost over and tourist season is fast approaching. At least I'm not worn out tonight. Must be the supplements and herbal teas. I'm thankful that we didn't have to put up with the normal drama that follows from working through a busy supper hour. It was nothing but smooth sailing and there were no time checks on any of the orders. Nothing was returned. Apart from the boys not keeping the steam line full, life was good tonight. One of my partners kept up with his normal ranting on how the hostess could not get a menu count correct to save her life but hey, this one likes to rant just for the sake of it. Actually he always has a point to make, but most of the time he likes having someone to just complain about it seems.
     I will get my novel finished within the next month, I hope. The hard part is sitting down long enough to finish it now but I'll get there so I can start on my other projects-in-waiting. I also want to sent out a shout to my Twitter followers out there. You are all appreciated.
     Tonight has ended well since one of the kids left a bouquet of flowers on the table. I don't know who it is for or if it is actually for anyone in particular but it was a nice touch. A quick reminder that in the month of October I will be offering one of my books for free on the downloadable version, so keep your eyes peeled. Good night everyone and remember, never stop learning, growing, and always have a dream to motivate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment