Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Benefits of A Daily Stroll in the Park

     Although my feet are paying for it today, I was able to squeeze in several walks yesterday. Of course after only a couple months I don't have a rockin' hot bod yet but I was able to add a couple blocks to my walk comfortably. And for now that is my goal, to loosen up my stiff knee and loose a little bit of weight. It's taking a long time to accomplish. It's been perhaps six years since I was hit by a truck. I sometimes have trouble remembering. Anyways, I'm still trying to overcome the obstacles associated with it. I had to completely learn to walk again and overcome depression. I mostly had do decide that I really wanted to live and enjoy life, along with taking care of my body. None of my decisions came to me all at once, but I had to think on how I can improve me.
     I ran into an old friend of mine last night while waling and he brightened up my day. Even though I wouldn't be able to bring him home with me, that friendly little white kitten with orange spots came out to play. I had worried that something happened to him since I haven't seen him in almost a month. The heat has been awful and there was also the possibility that he could have been hit by a car. It was as though he had never left though. He was still just as playful as ever while attacking my feet and the end of my cane. Afterwards, he would lay at my feet expecting to be petted. I imagined him as some sore of genie or having a curse since the last time he would not cross the bridge but this time he followed me all the way through the park. If I keep running into that cat I may write a short fairytale about it.

     It is time for me to start my morning and run so remember to never stop growing and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment