Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Behold The Glory

Behold The GloryShare. Sunday, 25 July 2010 at 21:24

Edit note
Delete

You know, I could get on here and write about all the bad things that happen to me. Like the family member who has never known how to show any real tact or sensitivity to my feelings. Feelings of neglect, abandonment, as well as all the rude people that I've encountered today. Like the woman who yelled at me and said that I didn't know how to drive. I thought I was being considerate since I signaled about 600 feet before the left turn came up and, slowed down to about 45 mph. I've always been taught that that is defensive driving. She was fortunate that I was distracted by other things or I would have rammed my van into her car and driven her off the road. Both my driver and passenger door quit latching for me today and I've had to tie them shut. It is rather difficult to get in the van using the sliding door. Yea, my day has been a little frustrating and I would not have made it through with a dry eye if it wasn't for Kirk and my kids.

That brilliant full moon out tonight could explain it all. At least that was my first thought. But you know, this night is absolutely gorgeous outside. I would like for you to behold the glory that was presented to me.

The full moon is absolutely brilliant and bright. The dimming night time sky was filled with grey, pink and white streaks that appeared to have been painted by and invisible hand. The lightning fast shooting star that shot out in front of me to lead me home after dropping Kirk off at work. The air outside is now the perfect temperature, not too hot or cold. The mysterious planet Venus hovers above as the first star out tonight.

While sitting outside today preparing for Ed's boot camp BBQ before he left, we were blessed with a wondrous light rain. The taste was cooling, fresh, and sweet. I stood outside with my face to the sky to momentarily bathe in it's refreshing mist, smoothing my hair back as it fell from the sky. Oh the simple things in life that help us to forget out troubles, even for a moment.

Have you ever heard of the word Mizpah? It is what Ed's recruiter recently had tattooed on the back of his arm. It is Hebrew and the simplest way to explain it is a bond between two people. Sort of like the heart that is broken in two and shared between loved ones or friends. It is a beautiful word and despite all of the troubles of the day, I too have Mispah. Friends and loved ones who are there for me and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment