Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday, Aug. 15

It has been a very busy day at Cracker Barrel and I'm glad my shift is finally over. Since its been a while that I have worked on a Sunday, I think I may have over did things a bit. My knee really started hurting about 1 o'clock. Usually it feels like I'm being kicked in the knee and then the pain quickly retreats, but today it just kept on hurting until I finally broke down to get some pain medicine. But with a double dose of pain medication and a little sleep I should be fine in a little bit.
The kids have all taken off to youth group, the house is trashed, the dog upset because he is in his cage at the moment but I'm looking forward to a nice quiet evening of writing, after I take a nap. Despite the pain, I'm still feeling pretty good. I've, for the most part, given up drinking pop and stick to water, tea and coffee now. Because of this I'm feeling more energetic than I used to. I'm not even missing it now. I quit drinking it to save money but now I think I'm getting the added benefit of losing weight as well. Atleast I hope so. That would help me out a lot when it comes to the aches and pains.
My book is coming along nicely. I hope to finish the revisions by Tuesday at the latest, before I have my brother edit it again. It has also been drawing a lot of interest from friends at work as well. Thank you guys for your support!
My book started out by me just wanting to tell the story of my accident but, it has turned into so much more. I started writing for fun, but when I'm hit with painful days, I secretly wish it will do well selling so I can cut back at work. It may just be a dream, but its my dream. I would love for Kirk to quit work and be able to take care of him. I would love to be able to get his teeth pulled so that he can feel healthier and live a long life. I would love to be able to get my kids nice things and spend more quality time with them as well.  I've also seen the problems associated with wealth, and I'm afraid. Much of what we have been through is what has kept us close all these years, and I don't want to loose that. There is only one thing to do in a situation like this; that is to trust in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment