Monday, August 30, 2010

God Told Me To Do It

One thing I’ve been getting really tired of hearing lately is people saying God told me to do it. Normally I don’t think twice on this particular matter but I’ve been hearing it a little too much from the church where my kids go to youth group. My daughter was telling me that a boy from the church felt like they needed to be at the park last night, consequently making her late getting home. If they hadn’t of been there a fight would have broken out with one of their friends. I’m glad they stopped the fight before it happened, but quit blaming God. It’s one thing to be inspired by the word and something completely different to have a deity conversing with you. And if you’ve been inspired by the Word, call home and let your parents know what is going on, for crying out loud. It’s also written “Honor thy father and thy mother.” I don’t think I’m being too difficult on this matter since there are plenty of cell phones available now. All you have to do is look around and see that almost every other teenager you come across has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment