Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm finnishing My Book today, I hope

Now that school is finally in and all of the summer chaos over, I have started writing again. Since my previous updates on the book I'm writing, I am happy to say that by the end of tonight it will be well over 20,000 words. It now has a really good conflict scenario and about half a dozen new characters. The bad news for me at least, is that it is not turning out to be a teen/young adult book. There is no sexual content, but it does have adult situations included, as well as adult language, an violence. Its a small amount when taken in context with the storyline, but I just don't see it ending up in my kids school library now. I don't want to change it ether.
Today I am celebrating by splurging on a soda pop. Its been at least two weeks since I've had one and it was my last dollar so there is not going to be any more pop in the house until pay day. The yard is getting mowed today thankfully and its so nice outside that I'm regretting having to spend my day indoors writing. I keep telling my self that after today, I can take a break from it all while its getting edited. And if any more news stories pop up that peak my interest, I will just blog about then and try to generate idea's for my next book.
Have a wonderfully day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that your finishing up!!! There is definitely something to say about the kids going back to school, :) I'm almost done editing mine, then its get those contest entries judged and I'm FREE to move onto the next project!!!

    Enjoy the quiet today!!!

    ReplyDelete